Development Professional, LGBT&S Alliance Fund
Contractor Services for LGBT&S Alliance Fund
LGBT&S Alliance Fund, a fund of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona is currently seeking a part-time (20hr/week), development professional (Independent Contractor) to support the Fund with the specific focus on philanthropy in the LGBTQ community. Over the past 17 years the Alliance Fund has awarded over $700,000 to organizations supporting the LGBTQ community in Southern Arizona. The Alliance Fund now seeks to expand its grant-making capacity through enhanced philanthropic gifts and grants, and to advance LGBT community development and cohesion through both philanthropy and innovative community leadership.
The purpose of this position is to help significantly grow the Alliance Fund’s assets, including identifying, cultivating and soliciting current donors to add to their fund and include the Alliance Fund in their estate planning, and prospective donors for new current and planned gifts. This individual’s development work is key to the Alliance Fund’s ability to achieve its mission and priorities.
Contract Period: A 12 month contract with the potential for renewal up to three years
BA or equivalent degree preferred
Scope of Work:
- Close new gifts to current donor funds, including members of the Legacy Society: identify, cultivate and solicit current Alliance Fund holders to add new gifts.
- Grow donor support for Alliance Fund grants.
- Close gifts to create new donor funds: identify prospects and create and implement cultivation strategies that result in new gifts.
- Grow the planned gift pipeline by asking prospects to include the Alliance Fund in their estate plan and provide documentation of their intentions.
- Develop in collaboration with CFSA Marketing and Communications Director, communication strategies for stakeholders, donors and the community to ensure fund development is central to all outreach and marketing efforts.
- Elicit referrals from professional advisors through effective strategy development, implementation, active solicitation, engagement and stewardship.
- In partnership with CFSA Philanthropic team, cultivate referrals.
- Maintain donor database and ensure all donor contact information is entered into database in timely manner.
- A minimum of three years of senior-level, nonprofit fundraising and fund development experience.
- Demonstrated success in securing major and annual gifts from individuals, foundations or corporations.
- Working knowledge of donor database programs.
- Knowledge of AFP or CRD fundraising concepts, techniques and practices. CFRE preferred.
- Knowledge and engagement in the LGBTQ community in Tucson and Southern Arizona highly desirable.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the Alliance Fund.
- Demonstrated skills in public speaking and community relations.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by September 24th in pdf format to:
Director, Strategic Grants and Initiatives, Community Foundation for Southern Arizona